How to Reduce Waste at Your Summer BBQs
Posted on July 27th, 2016 by Ferocious Media
Waste Reducing Tips:
- Avoid Plastic Utensils – Plastic forks, knives and spoons might make for an easier cleanup, but they will also end up in the trash. Opt for reusable cutlery or if you don’t want to wash dishes — you can even stick to finger foods!
- Fill Up Pitchers – Rather than buying cans and bottles, fill up pitches with flavored water, sangria, and lemonade! Serving beverages in bulk is a great way to reduce waste.
- Cook Homemade Dishes – Store-bought potato and macaroni salad is usually more expensive — and it comes in a plastic container. Make your own homemade dishes instead. You’ll end up with more food and less waste in the long run.
- Recycle What You Can – If you do opt for individual cans and bottles — remember to recycle! You can also recycle any aluminum cans that hold baked beans and other vegetables. Have recycling bins easily accessible for your BBQ guests. Just remember to rinse the cans first!
- Save Your Leftovers – As much as we try to plan for our guests, there will always be leftovers. Instead of throwing them away, save them in the fridge for lunches or dinners throughout the week. If you know you won’t be eating them — have your guests take some leftovers when they leave!
If you have any questions about what we do accept with our recycling or what date your scheduled pickup is, visit our website or give us a call at 203-334-1660. We are here to provide you with all of your garbage pickup and recycling service needs!
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for more tips and tricks!
Tags: garbage companies monroe ct, garbage companies trumbull ct, garbage company monroe ct, garbage company trumbull ct, recycling service monroe ct, recycling service trumbull ct, residential trash monroe ct, residential trash trumbull ct, trash removal monroe ct, trash removal trumbull ct