How to Reduce Waste at Home
Posted on August 17th, 2015 by Ferocious Media
Did you know that the average person generates 4.3 pounds of waste every day? As we look for new ways to green our lives and reduce our environmental impact, it’s important to remember that we should be reducing our waste. Here are a few tips to help you cut back on how much waste you produce each day!
How to Reduce Waste:
- Use Re-Usable Shopping Bags – Take a re-usuable shopping bag with you next to you go food shopping. They are a great way to reduce your plastic bag use and many stores offer discounts when you bring your own bag from home!
- Buy In Bulk – Choose products that are refillable, rather than single use items. Many health foods stores sell food items like cereal and grains in bulk, so that you don’t have to waste all of the packaging.
- Reduce Your Unwanted Mail – No one wants to receive junk mail – so why not cut back? The average person receives over 30 pounds of junk mail per year! Canceling a few subscriptions or asking to be removed from a list can help you reduce the amount of junk mail that you get each year.
- Buy Items Made from Recycled Content – Many notebooks and paper products are made from recycled materials! Choose those products over ones that used new materials.
- Avoid Individually Wrapped Items – Many snack packs and single served containers use a ton of packaging. Use large container items or buy in bulk when possible.
Check out this article for more tips on how to reduce waste at home. You can also call 203-334-1660 to reach our office with any questions you have about your home recycling or trash pickup.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for more tips and tricks!
LIKE us on Facebook.
FOLLOW us on Twitter.
ADD us on Google+.