5 Simple Ways to Reduce Waste in Your Everyday Life
Posted on November 11th, 2016 by Ferocious Media
5 Simple Ways to Reduce Waste:
- Ditch Plastic Bags – Bring a few reusable bags with you next time you head to the supermarket. You’ll reduce waste and you might even get a discount. Many supermarkets offer a small discount for opting out of plastic bags.
- Buy In Bulk – Choose products with less packaging! Individually wrapped items, snack packs and single serve foods can cause waste to pile up. Fortunately, there are many cereals, pastas and rice that you can buy in bulk and store in a reusable container.
- Unsubscribe – Do you get a lot of junk mail? Opt of of mailing lists, sign up for electronic billing, and download apps that help keep mail to a minimum.
- Bring Your Own Mug – It’s hard to go without your morning coffee. Bring a reusable mug with you next time you head to your favorite coffee shop. You’ll help reduce waste and as and added benefit, mugs come in plenty of fun colors and designs – so you can show off your personal style.
- Recycle! – Last but not least, don’t forget to recycle! Many homeowners overlook recycling items in their kitchen and bathroom. However, we accept everything from old newspapers to empty aerosol cans. If you have any questions about what you can or cannot recycle, check out our recycling guide or give us a call directly.
If you have any questions about your residential trash pickup, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 203-334-1660! We are here to help you with all of your residential trash and recycling needs!
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for more tips and tricks!
Tags: garbage companies monroe ct, garbage companies trumbull ct, garbage company monroe ct, garbage company trumbull ct, recycling service monroe ct, recycling service trumbull ct, residential trash monroe ct, residential trash trumbull ct, trash removal monroe ct, trash removal trumbull ct