Tips for an Eco-Friendly Labor Day Weekend
Posted on August 31st, 2016 by Ferocious Media
Eco-Friendly Labor Day Tips:
- Get Rid of Disposables – Disposable forks, spoons and knives might make for an easy cleanup, but they are a serious environmental problem. Opt for reusable dishware that you can toss in the dishwasher after your celebration.
- Serve Drinks in Pitchers – Instead of individual cans or bottles, serve drinks in pitchers. Water with lemon, fruit juice and even sangria can be the perfect way to quench your Labor Day BBQ thirst.
- Eat Locally – When was the last time that you visited your local farmers market? There are plenty of end-of-the-season vegetables that can make your BBQ healthy and eco-friendly.
- Buy The Rest In Bulk – When you do head out to the supermarket, make sure that you buy the food you need in bulk. This means less packaging and less waste.
- Set Up A Recycling Bin – If you do opt for bottles and cans, be sure to put a recycling bin in an easily accessible location for party guests. This will make recycling nice and easy — and we’re here to pick it up for you afterwards!
If you have any questions about your schedule recycling pickup day, visit our website or give us a call at 203-334-1660. We are here to help you with all of your residential trash and recycling needs.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for more tips and tricks!
Tags: garbage companies monroe ct, garbage companies trumbull ct, garbage company monroe ct, garbage company trumbull ct, recycling service monroe ct, recycling service trumbull ct, residential trash monroe ct, residential trash trumbull ct, trash removal trumbull ct