How to Throw a “Green” Halloween Party
Posted on October 27th, 2016 by Ferocious Media
Will you be throwing a spooky Halloween party this weekend? As you get ready to dress up in your favorite costume and indulge in tasty treats, remember that there are ways that you can make your party eco-friendly, too. Here are a few tips to help you celebrate a successful Hallo-green.
“Green” Halloween Party Tips:
- DIY – Don’t buy your Halloween costume – instead, opt for the DIY route. This is a fun, creative and unique way to make your Halloween celebration more eco-friendly. There are plenty of facepaint tutorials online (don’t use makeup with toxins) or visit your local thrift store for used clothes.
- Visit Your Local Farm – Purchase a locally grown pumpkin for your jack-o-lantern! Not only will you be supporting a local business, but you can save the seeds and eat them as a tasty treat. While you’re there, stock up on apple juice, corn, and other festive treats that you can serve at your party.
- Give Kids Reusable Bags – Pillow cases, buckets, and bags are all great for trick-or-treating!
- Bob For Apples – Traditional games like bobbing for apples are fun and eco-friendly.
- Use Reusable Plates & Utensils – If you are going to serve food at your party, stick with reusable options. Disposable plates, cups, forks and knives can add up!
If you have any questions about your trash removal or recycling pickup days, visit our website or give us a call directly at 203-334-1660. We are here to help you with all of your home garbage and recycling needs!
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for more tips and tricks!
Tags: dumpsters monroe ct, dumpsters trumbull ct, garbage companies monroe ct, garbage companies trumbull ct, garbage company monroe ct, garbage company trumbull ct, recycling service monroe ct, recycling service trumbull ct, residential trash monroe ct, residential trash trubull ct, trash removal monroe ct, trash removal trumbull ct