Simple Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
Posted on September 15th, 2016 by Ferocious Media
Looking for ways to reduce your “carbon footprint?” Fortunately, there are simple ways that you can help the environment and reduce your impact at home.
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint:
- Change Your Driving Habits – Making a few small changes to your driving habits can make a 30% difference in MPG! Accelerate slowly, drive the speed limit, and anticipate steps ahead.
- Carpool When Possible – Catch a ride with a friend or a co-worker next time you are heading to work or to an event.
- Install a Programmable Thermostat – This simple home upgrade will help ensure that you aren’t wasting money and energy to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Buy Locally – Support small businesses by shopping locally. You will save energy and put your money towards supporting your community.
- Recycle – Reduce, reuse, and recycle what you can. Manufacturing new products produces about 2-8 lbs of CO2!
If you have any questions about your weekly recycling pickup or you would like to learn more about the services that we offer at Residential Waste Systems, visit our website or give us a call directly at 203-334-1660.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for more tips and tricks!