How to Live with Less Plastic
Posted on August 4th, 2016 by Ferocious Media
Looking to make your routines a little bit more eco-friendly? One of the best things that you can do for yourself, the environment and your wallet is trying to live with less plastic. Here are a few tips that will help you reduce the amount of plastic that you use every day.
Tips to Live with Less Plastic:
- Use Reusable Bags – Instead of opting for plastic shopping bags, bring your own reusable versions to the store with you. When you do use plastic bags, a great way to cut back on waste is by reusing them as your bathroom garbage can bag.
- Avoid Bottled Water – Bottled water bottles can really add up over time. Bring your own reusable bottle if you know that you’ll be thirsty on-the-go.
- Buy In Bulk – Buying food in bulk helps eliminate plastic containers. Some stores let you buy food like rice and beans in bulk, rather than individually packaged and wrapped.
- Carry Your Own Cutlery – If you order lunch out, bring your own cutlery! Plastic forks, spoons, and knives are a big part of the plastic pollution problem.
- Avoid Overpackaged Products – When shopping for food, avoid products that are overly packaged. You don’t need to purchase tomatoes that are sitting on a styrofoam tray or wrapped in plastic.
- Bring Your Own Lunch – Instead of ordering out, pack your own lunch! Not only is it healthier, but you’ll cut back on the amount of plastic that you are using each day. As an added bonus, your wallet will thank you too.
If you have any questions about your residential trash or recycling pickup, visit our website or give us a call at 203-334-1660.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for more tips and tricks!
Tags: garbage companies monroe ct, garbage companies trumbull ct, garbage company monroe ct, garbage company trumbull ct, recycling service monroe ct, recycling service trumbull ct, residential trash monroe ct, residential trash trumbull ct, trash removal monroe ct, trash removal trumbull ct