Eco-Friendly Thanksgiving Tips
Posted on November 22nd, 2016 by Ferocious Media
From Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day, the average household’s waste increases by more than 25%. Start your holiday season off on the right foot by making a few eco-friendly changes to your Thanksgiving Celebration.
Eco-Friendly Thanksgiving Tips:
- Shop Local – Thanksgiving is a holiday full of fresh, fall foods. Stop by a local farm or farmers market for your Thanksgiving produce. This is a great way to support local businesses, as well as cut down on your environmental impact.
- Use Cloth Napkins – Break out the nice china and cloth napkins. Not only does this make your Thanksgiving celebration extra special, but you’ll also cut back on waste.
- Save Your Leftovers – What is Thanksgiving dinner without leftovers? Don’t throw away food after Thanksgiving! Let friends and family take some home or donate food to a nearby shelter.
- Recycle Empty Cans – Whether from food or drink, be sure to recycle all empty bottles and cans at your Thanksgiving get together. Make recycling easy for your guests by setting aside a separate recycling bin.
- Shop Organic – When possible, shop for organic foods! Organic agriculture has fewer pesticides and toxic chemicals. You can also choose a pasture-raised or free-range organic turkey for an eco-friendly dinner option.
- Eat Lots of Veggies – Vegetable based foods are the easiest on the environment. Serve roasted carrots, caramelized brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes for a filling and eco-friendly meal.
Remember, any pickup that is regularly scheduled on Thursday will be picked up on Friday this week. If you have any questions about your residential trash or recycling pickup, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 203-334-1660! We are here to help you with all of your residential trash and recycling needs!
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for more tips and tricks!