DIY Tips for an Eco-Friendly Valentine’s Day
Posted on February 10th, 2017 by Residential Waste Systems
Valentine’s Day is almost here — do you have plans with your loved one? It’s never too late to start to plan! These tips will help you celebrate Valentine’s Day with your special someone, while loving the Earth, too.
Eco-Friendly Valentine’s Day Tips:
- DIY Cards – A Valentine’s Day card is the perfect medium for expressing how you feel about your significant other in words. Instead of going out to the store to buy a card, make one yourself! This is the perfect opportunity to get crafty with things that would otherwise be thrown out around the house.
- Shop Locally – Use a local flower shop when purchasing Valentine’s Day flowers. Even some larger companies like 1-800 Flowers partner with local businesses to deliver flowers to your home, so you can still buy locally from the convenience of your home computer.
- Cook Dinner At Home – Instead of going out to eat, prepare a home-cooked meal for your loved one at home! He or she will appreciate the time and effort that you put in to make their favorite dishes. Don’t forget to pick up locally sourced ingredients for your feast.
- Purchase Fair Trade Chocolate – Choose eco-friendly sweets like fair trade or socially conscious chocolates.
- Sip on Organic Wine – Organic wines are made without chemical fertilizers or pesticides. Don’t forget to recycle the bottle, after!
If you have any questions about what you can or can’t recycle, or a question about your recycling pickup day, visit our website or give us a call directly at 203-331-0173. We are here to help you with all of your recycling and trash removal needs!
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for more tips and tricks!