Avoid Buying These Disposable Items
Posted on October 6th, 2016 by Ferocious Media
Many of the disposable items that we use every day have a serious environmental impact (not just bottled water). However, by making a few simple changes to your daily routines, you can significantly cut back on your eco-footprint and save money, too! Here are a few disposable items you’ll want to keep out of the trash.
Disposable Items to Avoid:
- Plastic Water Bottles – Instead of wasting money on bottled water, purchase a reusable water and fill it up from the tap! If you prefer filtered water, install a tap filter or jug to keep in the fridge that filters the water for you. Some reusable water bottles even have filters that built into the bottle itself.
- Coffee Pods – Single-use coffee pods can really add up and unfortunately, they can’t be recycled. Brew coffee at home. You’ll save money, water and keep coffee pods out of landfills.
- Paper Coffee Cups – Like plastic water bottles, paper coffee cups just end up in the landfill. Purchase a reusable thermos that you can bring to work with you!
- Plastic Bags – Next time you head to the supermarket, bring a few canvas bags with you. Many stores will even offer a discount for avoiding plastic.
- Disposable Forks, Spoons & Knives – No one enjoys washing dishes, but disposable utensils can add up to serious waste. If you’re throwing a party and you really can’t avoid disposable, opt for a biodegradable or compostable utensil option instead.
Of course, we are here to take care of all of your residential trash and recycling needs! If you have any questions about your scheduled pickup day, visit our website or give us a call directly at 203-334-1660.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for more tips and tricks!
Tags: Garbage Companies Monroe, garbage companies monroe ct, garbage companies trumbull ct, garbage company trumbull ct, recycling service trumbull ct, residential trash monroe ct, trash removal monroe ct, Trash Removal Trumbull