13 Things You’re Forgetting to Recycle
Posted on October 9th, 2017 by Residential Waste Systems
Are you recycling everything that you should be in your home? There are many household items that are often overlooked. In honor of Friday the 13th, here are 13 items you don’t want to forget to recycle.
13 Things You’re Forgetting to Recycle:
- Shampoo & Bodywash – After you are finished using the shampoo, body wash, and conditioner in your bathroom — those plastic bottles should be recycled!
- Toilet Paper Rolls – This bathroom item is often overlooked. Instead of throwing them in the trash, put them out with your regular recycling pickup.
- Milk Cartons – Whether cardboard or plastic, your milk cartons can go out with your recycling pickup.
- Flower Pots – As you start to pack up your gardening supplies for the fall and winter months, take a look at your outdoor flower pots. If any of them are looking worse for wear — but them in with your recycling instead of throwing them out.
- Boxes from Amazon – Love ordering through Amazon Prime (or any other shipping service)? Don’t forget to recycle the flattened cardboard after it’s delivered!
- Old Toys – Did your child outgrow an old, plastic toy? Instead of throwing it in the trash, try donating or recycling the toy!
- Bug Spray – Spray cans like bug spray should be rinsed out and recycled!
- Sunscreen – Aerosol containers like spray-on sunscreen can absolutely be recycled when they’re empty and you’re done using them for the summer!
- Metal Hangers – Have an old metal wire that just isn’t cutting it anymore? Before you throw it out — did you know that plastic and metal hangers can be recycled with your regular pickup?
- Old Pots – Old kitchen pots don’t have to be thrown away — after they’ve been used to their fullest, place them out with your recycling, instead.
- Laundry Baskets – Our laundry baskets can take a beating over time. If your plastic laundry basket has cracked, give it the opportunity for a second life by putting it in your recycling.
- Paperback Books – Do you have old paperback books lying around the house? If you can’t find a place to donate these books, recycle them instead! Just like your magazines, junk mail, and phone books, paperback books can be recycled, too!
- Macaroni and Cheese Boxes – You know that you can recycle empty aluminum cans, but did you know that you can recycle empty cardboard boxes, like macaroni and cheese containers, too? Make sure that you’re getting the most out of your kitchen recycling!
Want to learn more about our recycling services? Forgot what day to put out your recycling? Visit our website to learn more about the recycling and trash removal services we offer at Residential Waste Systems.