Simple Eco-Friendly Changes You Can Make Around the House
Posted on June 28th, 2017 by Residential Waste Systems
Did you know that the average American throws away more than 7 pounds of garbage a day? That adds up to a lot of trash! Fortunately, “going green” is easier than you might think! Here are a few simple changes that you can make to your everyday routines to make your lifestyle more eco-friendly.
- Shop Locally – When was the last time you visited your local farmer’s market? Shopping local — especially for food — is a great way to reduce your environmental impact. As an added bonus, you’ll be supporting local businesses and eating healthier food.
- Use Reusable Bags – When you do head to the supermarket, don’t forget to bring a few reusable bags!
- Get Outdoors – Get in touch with nature by going for a bike ride! Not only will you be saving on gas, but you’ll also get to enjoy the environment around you. Ride over to a local part and enjoy the warm weather!
- Compost Kitchen Scraps – Composting is a great way to make your home a little bit more eco-friendly. Not sure? Find out how to start a compost pile here.
- Re-Purpose – Do you have old junk lying around the house? Instead of tossing it in the trash, re-purpose it! After all, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. There are so many different ways to repurpose school supplies, wooden pallets, wine bottles, cardboard boxes, and more! Upcycling old household products and making then new again is the perfect DIY night craft. For everything else? We offer junk removal services!
- Recycle – Don’t forget to recycle all of your leftover cardboard boxes, paper, water bottles, aluminum cans, and other recyclable materials!
If you have any questions about your trash or recycling pickup, do not hesitate to reach out to our office! You can also give us a call directly at 203-331-0173 to learn more about the residential trash and recycling services that we offer.